Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

As you can tell, Jewell wasn't in the best mood this Easter. She has been sick (first real all night throwing up kind of sick), so she wouldn't eat anything and really just wanted to go home and sleep. Everyone else had a fun time, though. Our friends Richard and Diana Anderson (with baby Michael, Jewell's BFF/BF) joined us at my sister, Renae's house here in Seattle. Renae's guy pal Stacy was there also. We had an impressive little feast: ham, au gratin potatoes, cheesecake (my mom's famous recipe, prepped by Renae), deviled eggs (I accidentally forgot to bring them and Diana and I drove all the way back to my place to get them), tasty whipped-cream-topped strawberry Jello, and veggies. Oh, and I made homemade rolls! (recipe here; make sure you read the helpful reviews if you want to make them too). But Jewell wouldn't eat anything! Poor little girl. Thank you Renae also for buying Jewell and me a cute Easter present: a new book for Jewell and some Easter dish towels for me!
Jewell's new book
My new Crate & Barrel dish towels

Jewell didn't like the bunny ears too much.

Michael tolerated them.

Le chef

Renae and Stacy did like the bunny ears

We have been going to the park a lot recently. I mean a lot. Jewell constantly tugs at our hands and urges us towards the door. She really loves going outside and practicing her walking skills. We are lucky to live so close to a park. We've also been lucky to get some sunny days; but rain or shine, fully clothed or only in a diaper, Jewell always wants to go out (of course, we always dress her first).



My latest jewelry creation, which I just made for a custom order through my Etsy site.

Jewell strangely resembles me most when she's making her whining face. And I'm surprised she didn't like wearing the necklace.

Just another meal.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I like the Easter background.

Those pics turned out nice. You have such a good camera. Thanks for the dinner.